This book is the best I’ve read in ages. I feel more sorry for Toru when his cat goes missing than his wife.
Analysis: Due to the holiday nature of this week and next week, I’m not going to start fining myself for failed decisions until April 3rd.
Analysis 2: Although I cooked last night, I didn’t snack until it was ready. I think the Fat Duck challenge is working.
Breakfast: porridge with golden syrup.
Lunch: Wholemeal seeded bread with Waitrose chicken liver parfait. Most nom.
Fruit: 240g of fresh baby figs. This is 3/5 of my recommended daily amount.
Snack: Packet of mini cheddars.
Dinner: Prawn and mushroom pasta.
Drinks: Lots of tea. One coffee.
Analysis: The Fat Duck Challenge list from yesterday was unrealistic. The new Fat Duck challenge is that I have 3 meals per day, 1 snack and unlimited fruit. Before I eat each meal, I must decide what it involves. If I eat more than the original decision, this counts as a fail and I don’t get a challenge point for that day. 31 successful days means I can make the booking. I also must update my blob with all eating and drinking to get the challenge point.
Analysis 2: Decisions from yesterday amended to show fines. All fines now go to charity as donations (I can’t buy goods at the shop with them).
- 1 comment on a news website per day (usually ill-informed). 50p fine if fail.
- 1 comment on a technology website per day. 50p fine if fail.
- 5 minutes German per day. 50p if fail.
- 5 minutes French per day. 50p if fail.
- Cook something from scratch once per week. £5 to charity.
- 30 minutes tidying every other day. £5 fine.
- Break every hour on the hour if I’m working with computes. This must involve getting a drink (e.g. water or herbal tea). 50p if fail.
- Bed by 11.15 per night. £5 if fail.
- No alcohol on a work night (except when there is free champagne). £5 if fail.
- Each week I need to look up places based on a new letter of the alphabet (e.g. Equador, Estonia, Eritrea). 50p if fail.
Breakfast: porridge with salt.
Snack: Half of BSS’s choc muffin. 1 of PB’s cakes.
Lunch: Egg mayo with cuke. Salt and pepper.
Dinner (cooked mostly by me): Rib-eye steak in mushroom and peppercorn sauce with beans and new potatoes.
Fruit: Yellow plums.
Alcohol: Shared two bottles of red wine with B.
Analysis: the new decision to pay £1 to charity every time I had seconds was too much and pushed me into food rebellion mode. I think the only way to sort out my eating of seconds is by rewards. The plan is that if I have 31 days of keeping the following decisions, I’ll book the Fat Duck for me, B, JW and CW. (The 31 days do not have to be consecutive.)
- 1 comment on a news website per day (usually ill-informed).
- 1 comment on a technology website per day.
- 300 words on my tech blog per week.
- 15 minutes on my CV per week. I might not be looking for a new job, but it’s important to keep it up to date as it shows me areas I need to concentrate on.
- 5 minutes German per day.
- 5 minutes French per day.
- Cook something from scratch once per week.
- No seconds. (Before I start eating something, I will decide how much I’ll have of it. If I have more, I have had seconds and the day does not count towards the Fat Duck challenge.)
- 30 minutes tidying every other day.
- Break every hour on the hour if I’m working with computes. This must involve getting a drink (e.g. water or herbal tea).
- Bed by 11.15 per night.
- No alcohol on a work night (except when there is free champagne).
- Update my blob with everything I eat and drink (except water and herbal tea).
- Each week I need to look up places based on a new letter of the alphabet (e.g. Equador, Estonia, Eritrea).
Analysis 2: I need to create a card to carry round my Fat Duck challenge with me.
Breakfast: 10oz porridge + milk + salt.
Lunch: Coal in Basingstoke. Small amount of cheese on garlic bread as starter. Fajitas with beef and prawns. JF complained as the food was overcooked. BF was paying & got £10 discount 🙂
Snacks: Choka Blok Billionaiers Dynamite, cashew nuts, crisps, strawberries, mini cheddars, nutella straight from pot.
Lol – am not having seconds, but am having lots of little treats.
Drinks: Lots of tea. 1 coffee.
Dinner: Prawns. Whisky. More cashew nuts – seconds.
My colleague has backed out of climbing tonight. The instructor seemed to be saying there’s not much point for me to come as I won’t be able to do any actual belaying, but I said I’d come for the climbing practice.
Breakfast: porridge with honey.
Lunch: Tongue and coleslaw sandwich.
Drinks: Tea. Latte. Hot chocolate.
Analysis 1: Need to eat more fruit & veg, so should go to Lidl every other day as it’s so much cheaper than Tesco’s.
Analysis 2: Need to repeat my mantra: “I’m going to be 10st2 by Friday!”
Exercise: Climbing. Was a lot of fun & good exercise.
Dinner: Salad + grated cheese + vinaigrette + mackerel
Snacks: 5 Lindor chocs. 1 sweet. 2 fingers of kitkat.
Breakfast: Lush chocolate cake. 1 slices.
Seconds: 2 moar slices of choc cake. Owe charity £2.
Lunch: Big Mac and onion rings. Some of B’s nuggets.
Drinks: Lots of tea.
Snack: Tunnock’s Tea Cake. Lindor ball. 1 Maryland. 1 Ferrero Rocher.
Analysis: Am worried my £1 fine for seconds will bankrupt me. Need to stick with this and stop having seconds!
Analysis 2: Need to start chopping salad for dinner soon or will get tired and have something fattening instead.
Dinner: Lots of salad + mackerel + vinaigrette.
Snack: Remains of two bars of chocolate.
Breakfast: Porridge with honey.
Exercise: CW’s Wii Zumba game.
Food: Shed loads of party food.
Seconds: £10 of fines. I’ve paid this to the United Nations World Food Programme.
Alcohol: Lager. Champagne.
Analysis: I was really good at avoiding seconds till I got a certain level of inebriated when back at home after the party. Need to buy cherry tomatoes.
Analysis: Put food away where possible.
Breakfast: Porridge with honey.
Lunch: Cream cheese and tongue sandwich.
Snack: Finished BSP’s cake off.
Drinks: Coffee x 2.
Dinner: Pickled egg. Plaice. Chips with mayo.
Second dinner: Duck and coleslaw in pitta.
Alcohol: Lots of whisky.
Analysis 1: Broke pact I have with CW of not eating a snack at work without first going downstairs and imagining what I’d wear if I were under 10 stone. Need to remember this.
Analysis 2: Need to look up how to clean the water carafe. Moar water => less snacking.